I’ve read John August’s blog from time to time over the last two years or so and never noticed what a disingenuous blowhard he is until our falling out some time back. Here’s an example: John August’s post On Google, and evil contains this:
I love the United States, but it’s easy to see why many actions our country takes in its own self-interest appear evil to other parts of the world. We want to raise the standard of living worldwide — but not at the cost of American jobs. We believe strongly in human rights, unless we’re talking about suspected terrorists, in which case we go Jack Bauer in a hurry.
The first sentence says a lot in 28 words, doesn’t it? He loves the United States, but. It’s always like this with liberals, there’s always a but (or in John’s case, a butt.)
I love the US, but here’s why I hate it.
And dressing it in seemingly disinterested terms doesn’t make it any better, John. “… it’s easy to see why many actions … appear evil …” really means, I accept and affirm that many of the US’ actions are evil. Know why I say this? Because old John then proceeds to show by example exactly why the US’ actions are indeed evil.
The thing is, reduced to personal actions by one human being in everyday society, the way the US acts is exactly the way even John would act in a similar situation yet he, I’m sure, doesn’t think he’s evil. Far from it.
Here’s what I mean: take out the US and insert a more personal pronoun in his statement:
I love [myself], but it’s easy to see why many actions [I] take in [my own] self-interest appear evil to other parts of the world. [I] want to raise the standard of living worldwide — but not at the cost of [losing my job]. [I] believe strongly in human rights, unless [I’m] talking about suspected terrorists, in which case [I] go Jack Bauer in a hurry.
If you don’t think this is true, consider that if anyone—including pansy John who looks like he can’t —is ever faced with true menace (say a guy with a leveled pistol) against themselves and their family, channeling Jack Bauer would be the first thing on their mind. That is, if they haven’t completely stripped themselves of any sense of self-preservation.
People like John August don’t pick up weapons to defend themselves and their family, they just take it up the ass (no pun intended) and die, all the while thinking “where’s the police?” Or in this case, “where’s Jack Bauer?”
John is all about raising the standards of living worldwide. In fact, he’s even gone to Africa (gasp!!). Yes, like every true liberal, Africa beckons and he jumps. But, to quote Bravo TV’s Andy Cohen, “here’s what”: if it ever came down to a choice between raising living standards worldwide and continuing to live his cushy Hollywood life, guess which one old John has chosen? Here’s a hint: his zip code is still 90210.
He didn’t drop it all to live in Africa. No, no. He came back! That’s right, gotta keep that job! If he really were committed to raising living standards “worldwide,” brother man would send his paycheck whole hog back down there or he’d give it all up to work at at raising those standards.
Damned hypocrite.
No comments:
Post a Comment