Several times in the past, I have pilloried the American Left and its present leader Body Odor for being Socialists, Marxists, Communists, etc.
Well as these things go, I have to recant, take it all back. They aren’t Marxists, Socialists, or Communists. After reading a bit more about Communism, Marxism, Leninism, Stalinism, Socialism, Trotskyism and all the variations thereof, I see now what these folks truly are: Fascists.
Jonah Goldberg’s resplendent Liberal Fascism is absolutely fucking spot-on about the ideology energizing the American Left, a sordid mixture of Machiavellian totalitarian and elitist Fascism. Marx and his illiberal descendants would recoil in horror at what has been made of their pet ideologies—even though I can and will make the argument that the endgame of those ideologies is and can only be Liberal Fascism. These present-day wielders of the Red Flag aren’t so much interested in the trueness of Marx’s creeds about the Proletariat’s (final) ascendancy, but in absolute power acquired by whatever means necessary. Power that ensures steely control over every part of American life, however much they protest to the contrary, because they know better than you do about everything.
The Left’s clutching grabs for power is underscored and buoyed by a daft electorate—at any rate, the daft electorate that voted Body Odor and his ilk into power—who are either too busy, too lazy, too opportunistic or philosophically immature to dig deeper (nothing pains some people more than having to think and whatnot).
Liberal Fascism: make it a required multiple read in your library today.
No comments:
Post a Comment