Out of that paragon of socialized medicine, the United Kingdom, comes the news that up to 4000 women have had to give birth in lifts (elevators to you civilized folks), offices, and hospital toilets.
Brilliant.
And still the push for the blind acceptance of socialized medicine continues—the narrative is strong.
1 comment:
I think there is a popular misconception in the US that healthcare in the UK is poor becuase it is free.
Every taxable individual makes Natonal Insurance contributions, which pays for the Health Service. They also have the option of paying for private medical insurance much like the US system. I'm not saying that the Health Service is perfect, but nobody is denied basic healthcare. Here's an interesting anecdote - I've actually met US citizens who come to the UK regularly for FREE medical treatment because they don't have or can't get medical insurance in the US - go figure!
Post a Comment