One of my problems since youth has been the seeking of comfort. Comfort above all else … and now, I'm given to understand this is a bad thing because of all those things I've gained (fat) and lost (money, etc., etc.) in the pursuit of the hedonistic lifestyle.
Adam Carolla, whose morning show is a must-listen for me these days (Boise's local stations suck steaming piles of camel shit) had this to say about comfort: be harder on yourself.
So that's what I'm going to do from now on: be harder on myself. A lesson worth learning, and a hard one to have learned after all this time.
A quip, from Will of A Suitable Wardrobe further underscores the idea:
Pursued as a goal, comfort is the enemy of elegance.
He adds that the rest of us are the poorer for it and though he's speaking about men's fashion, it's too true.
No comments:
Post a Comment