Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Poverty Business

Busy! Way too many things to do and so little time.

I did get a few moments to read the following article in BusinessWeek. As I am involved in buying a house and dealing the vagaries of credit scores et al, the article was informative and not a little surprising.

Knowing what I know now, there's no way I'd jump into buying a house if I weren't ready for the commitment by having steady income and the ability to afford it—even if (especially if) I were approved for one of them weird loans (that's right, I'm looking at you, Option ARM!) and contorted financing schemes.

My next post is going to be about an interesting discussion I had with a work colleague. He'd asked a question and self-deprecatingly said it was most likely a stupid question. I told him I'd be the judge of that and somehow or other, the topic switched to opinions and whether or not everyone was entitled to theirs.

My postulation is: NO!

2 comments:

Lolita said...

Ah ah, I thought you were done with the house deal?

One thing, I'm not sure I mentioned, watch out for pre-payment penalties, in fact, do not accept a loan with a pre-payment penalty period.

Can't wait to read your next post.

Unknown said...

Yes, I am (thankfully) done. We'll be closing escrow on the 30th.

Because we are talking a special loan for Idaho first-time homebuyers(cringe!), everything's on the up and up. No prepayment penalties, for sure.

Sorry, I lied. My next post isn't about opinions. ;-(
The one after, perhaps.