Friday, January 19, 2007

Slick

I was fresh off the boat going to school in Boca Raton, Florida.  I didn't have many friends and I didn't want any, come to think of it.  Things were blowing my mind, culture shock at its most poignant.

This music video by Digable Planets transports me to that time filled with self-imposed social isolationism, Maxwell's theories of electromagnetism, differential equations, circuit analysis and other things that make my head hurt just thinking about it.

Since yesterday was my music video day, I thought to start off today with one (and only one!) video of the day, Digable Planet's Rebirth of Slick (Cool Like Dat):

SOTD

  Today's scent of the day is a special one.  I received a decant from a good perfume buddy (sounds strange, doesn't it,  a perfume buddy?) of Diptyque Tam Dao, a Sandalwood scent from 2003.  This is light-infused woodiness engendering tranquility and focus.  I'm very happy with this one, and for those who enjoy smelling glorious Sandalwood, you'll love this five-star paragon of unisex perfumery.

No comments: