Monday morning. I'd wanted to punctuate that last sentence with an exclamation mark when I realized what message I'd be transmitting (psycho loves Mondays) and edited myself in time.
Perfume
My SOTD is Chez Bond by Bond no.9 New York. Chez Bond has citrus tones with a herbal tea accord and sandalwood thrown in as a base. It's a truly wonderful scent, very masculine--whatever that means--and rich, by which I mean sumptuous. Love the bottles.
I don't want to help this along any further than it already has, but Ricky Martin of Livin' la vida loca fame is a sharp perfumista, among other things {wink, wink}. How do I know this, you ask? Well, on Regis & Kelly, the daytime mind-rotting show [Youtube], he admitted he was wearing Comme des Garçon's Kyoto. Apparently, Kelly was in a swoon over it. Great, what was on my wish list is now going to rocket in price and scarcity. Damnitall!
Books
I'm currently reading a few novels in an attempt to keep my mind sprightly. I normally consume quite a lot of technical manuals and books and if I'm not reading those, I'm taxing my brain with some political treatise usually skewering liberal socialist policy. Normally, this is a joy, however.
When I'm not reading that, it's a chess book or a book on aviation navigation or aerodynamics. Something always ponderous. So I've decided to branch out. As a boy, I loved reading fiction and back then, I could still count to ten so I'm thinking maybe reading fiction will re-awaken some long-asleep brain cells.
Of course, like the nut that I am, I'm reading several novels at once:
- F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby
- Chris Abani's Graceland
- Robert Harris' Pompeii
- P. G. Wodehouse's The Code of the Woosters
Other News
We're still involved in a hostile situation in Iraq and I'm simply quite tired of watching the news on this. Iraq-fatigue.
I had to leave a very interesting interview on Fox News of the braying pustule in a black robe, Justice of the Supreme Court Stephen Breyer. Chris Wallace was asking some tough questions about the roles SC Justices unwittingly play in preserving or destroying the culture of American society; Breyer was about to start farting out his mouth when I had to leave. Ugh, I gotta watch this sanctimonious, self-righteous wax enthusiastic about destroying the fabric of our lives via asinine rulings.
John Bolton, clearly the best mind in the United Nations' building these days is resigning his position as US UN ambassador. And the flame extinguishes; the UN Blue (Balls) Helmets shout in glee: "Rape on!"
Fin
Back to work, y'all.
No comments:
Post a Comment