Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Excuses …

Take a look and absorb the message in this picture:
A6kYasvCcAErhSv
This is bullshit. It’s the kind of attitude people bring into relationships that dooms that relationship from the start.

Everyone in a relationship is owed a certain amount of respect and, for fuck’s sake, love. The person whose attitude is reflected in that picture is preparing themselves for a very bad situation. It’s an excuse for bad behavior, with the full expectation that the recipient of such bad behavior should accept it unconditionally and without reservations. Otherwise, you see, they’re not the right person!

I’ve got news for you: human beings don’t have unconditional love. I’m a Christian, and I believe God loves me. But I cannot bank on the fact that I can continue to sin willy-nilly every second I’m alive and expect that God’s love will remain intact and unchanged (it does, but that’s a reflection of Him, not me and a topic for theologians). There are consequences for my sin, for my behavior. So if even the Almighty doesn’t love unconditionally, asking for your partner to do so in spite of whatever crazy shit you pull based on the understanding that if they don’t, they’re not the right person is intellectual disingenuity.

So fuck you.

Or, to put it another perhaps more civilized way (and I’m paraphrasing Dennis Prager here), you wouldn’t assault me with your bad breath, don’t assault me with your bad mood. As a responsible adult in a relationship with another adult, you owe it to each other to be on your best behavior!

Nevertheless, fuck you if that’s your attitude. You’ll be alone feeding cats soon.

No comments: