These two “… met in Washington in May 2006. Introduced by a mutual friend at a bar in Georgetown, they discovered that they were planning to play kickball in the same league, though on different teams. The two competed against each other every Wednesday evening on the Washington Mall and later chatted at Kelly’s Irish Times, a bar in downtown Washington.”
The beginning of a fairy tale, Princess competes against Prince in a stickball league. Prince grabs Princess by her slender, manly waist, “marry me at once, darling!” Right?
Wrong:
After 10 months of convincing, he finally asked her out to dinner the following March. “We were really good friends, and I guess I didn’t have the guts to ask her out right away,” he said. “But we had a great time, and from that point forward, we were always together.”If guts is what it takes to ask her out to dinner after 10 months, I despair to think what he’d say the Marines storming Iwo Jima had … maybe a soupçon of chutzpah?
No comments:
Post a Comment