Saturday, December 11, 2010

Feet Firmly Planted In Mid-Air

RichFrontalSkyThis guy’s apparently also some kind of “communications coach.” He also has six children, God help them.

Why? Well for starters, he’s an unthinking, despairing moron. Allow me:

On Twitter, he posts this rather ridiculous tweet about Truth:

No One Has The Same Truth - and how that can Transform Your Life - http://bit.ly/eyM4xx - my Champion of Choice blog

Okay. I follow up with:

@RichHopkins was going to respond but thought the better. Why bother debating truth on a definition so pliable, it's useless?

@fwoodbridge - pliability in truth is a good thing. It gave man the ability to fly, among other things.

[I didn’t bother trying to figure out how relative truth gave Man the ability to fly. Sometimes, you just don’t want to go down that rabbit hole.]

@RichHopkins pliable truth. What a concept! Who published your dictionary? Bill Clinton?

@fwoodbridge - truth IS pliable - the fact that we could argue this proves the point exactly. You have your truth, and it serves you well.

[I then attempt the impossible as it turns out and show him how logically bankrupt this line of thinking is: when one makes a TRUTH CLAIM that “truth is pliable,” how is possible to reconcile both things? If it is True that “truth is pliable,” then how can that statement be true?]

@RichHopkins how can statement that truth is pliable BE true? Think.

His dull riposte:

@fwoodbridge - it's true to me, and doesn't have to be true to you. Think.

@RichHopkins by that definition, how can ANYTHING be objectively true? Everything becomes a matter of opinion.

@fwoodbridge - exactly my point.

[It’s right about now I’m beginning to think this guy’s got a few marbles loose so I try to show him the logical conclusion—also known as a reductio ad absurdum—of his logic.]

@RichHopkins ah. So the Nazis' opinion of Jews was true ... for them?

[And now, a complete non-sequitor. Like the F-16 fight jet throwing chaff to confuse the missile, thar he blows!]

@fwoodbridge - we cannot determine the Truth for other people. Going to the Nazi argument is ridiculous Fred.

[Yes, dipshit, that’s the point. If I follow your line of thought to its logical end, ie. if you say that everything becomes a matter of opinion, then what the Nazis thought of the Jews is also just a matter of opinion. It was true for them, how dare we say anything to the contrary?]

@RichHopkins by your logic, its not ridic. You say EVERYTHING is an opinion, your truth, my truth. So how can you say the Nazis were wrong?

@fwoodbridge - if you wish to miss the point of my post, that is your choice - and your truth.

At which point, I think he’s had enough and posts this rather pathetic response into the ether, which I don’t read because he’s … blocked me! Hehe.

Rich Hopkins, Dumbass: “Some arguments are not worth the time. If you disagree, disagree. Don't try to convince me I support Nazi's.”

Yeah, “Nazi’s.”

This guy and his ilk are, at core, what is wrong with America: we have become a nation of blowhards. Unthinking, dullard blowhards. And we’re having children—the dipshit has SIX unthinking dullard blowhards to unleash upon society, six more dumbass votes—passing the dunce cap around.

No comments: