Politics does make for curious bedfellows!
I don’t understand how liberals get into bed with Islamists. Just doesn’t make sense.
I speak specifically of the Leftist support for the so-called Ground Zero Mosque. On the surface, I can understand how they’d march lock-in-step with Muslims: the enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that stuff and nonsense. OK, but what about the long-term consequences, the endgame if you will, of lending support to a movement which exists to violently resist, and extirpate the ideology, philosophy, and lifestyles of the Leftists? I keep wanting to scream: “Homosexuals get killed in Islamic societies, folks!” There’s no “Eve has two mummies” in Iran. One is forced to believe in a God at gunpoint, people! Your cherished separation of church and state? Piffle!
Not that I’m one to accuse the Left of understanding such common sense phenomena as long-term consequences or endgames, but even they can see this surely? The only fallback here for me is that these folks so despise the Judeo-Christian religiosity of mommy and daddy, they rebel right into the hands of those with cleverly-hidden knives in the robes. Once the Christians are gone, guess whose neck is on the cutting block?
If you bristle at the thought—unreal as it is--of Christians putting the kybosh on your lifestyle, you ain’t see nothing yet, and attempting to force a moral equivalency between Christianity and Islam (or for that matter, any other religion and Islam) simply because it angers your Christian neighbor is just pushing your head deeper in the sand.
They say they’re feminists, yet they support the Mosque. They say they cherish Homosexuals’ right to marriage, yet they support the Mosque. They say they support the separation of Church and State, yet they support the Mosque. They say they like freedom of speech, yet they support the Mosque.
Like I said, it just doesn’t make sense.
No comments:
Post a Comment