Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Announcements

I started watching Jon & Kate plus Eight quite a while ago then got turned off the whole phenomenon because I didn’t like the sinister tones the show took, starting when the Gosselins approached then passed the OP, the Oprah Point.

Those early shows were a delightful blend of harried parents and cute little kids (except for Mady Gosselin, I’ve always disliked that twerp) but even back then, I got the sense Jon was a hen-pecked pussy who didn’t want to rock the money boat Kate had shepherded the family on to and was steering with a strident hand on the tiller. The came the OP and enh, I’ve got better things to watch.

For the first time in almost two years, I watched the last episode of JK8 I would ever see in which Pussy Jon and Grumpy Kate announced their separation all the while advertising for (yet another) manufacturer of toy child houses called Topsy-turvy House or some crap. If that’s not the name, it should be.

With the possible exception of Mady who deserves it (I kid, I kid!) what these selfish assholes have done is turn those kids’ lives upside-down. While protesting they only did this (ie. “star” on a reality TV show) for the kids, they were also divorcing “for the kids” as well. Jon tellingly said he had to do what was best for himself.

And the kids.

Definitely all for the kids.

This sent my eye muscles into that oh-so-familiar muscular twirl. Spare me, you fucking pussy. You know what’s best for those kids (borne out by hard data, year-in, year-out)? Stay with the fucking mother of your kids, stop cheating, grow a fucking pair and throw out the fucking television cameras.

He goes on to say that he was “only 32.” More like 10, you sophomoric adulterating shit.

The two of them were spouting the usual BS about doing this all together, but apart. I mean, the irony was thick and heavy. Here they are, explaining that going on the TV show didn’t hasten or otherwise affect their decision to separate when that clearly is the reason for their problems; that they’d pull through this “together” while splitting; that it was and will always be “for the kids” when it’s completely apparent it’s for definitely selfish reasons.

This is from their About page: “I had wanted children right away, but Jon wasn’t ready.” You got that half-right, miss thing. You both weren’t ready.

jon-and-kate-gosselin

No comments: