In the most literal sense of the words, the new President's inauguration is indeed a historic event. The first mixed-race President in US history is about to step into the office of POTUS and references and various other linkages have been made to and with Lincoln and, by some others—mostly the areligous Left—the Lord Almighty Himself in earthly guise.
That's all well and good. I harken back to a time when another African-American, a preacher by the name of Martin Luther King, Jr. proclaimed that he hoped to see a day when his children are judged not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. So the fact we're so involved in pointing out this new man's skin color at every turn is actually a step back; I know I'm being a snooty so-and-so for pointing that out, but the truth, to paraphrase Aristotle, is dearer still to me.
By all signs, Obamaramalamadingdong is a man of miniscule experience with a gift for gab, a penchant for Socialism and a most worthy Child of the Sixties, complete with dalliances in Communism and Marxism. That he is the new President is a fact; that he was effectively swept in to office with the active collusion of The Media which many times turned a blind eye to all DingDong's faults is another fact. Still another fact is now that he is President, we have entered a new epoch in history, one that will most certainly change (there's that word again!) the fundamental character of the Greatest Nation, but not because he's half-black. I will leave it to History, that no respecter of persons, to judge.
As for me, I gird my loins, close my experiential inputs to the Media today so as to preserve my sanity and attempt to forget there's a shit storm approaching. Although (and I have to say this as a patriot), I do wish the new President the best. Here's to the future, I hope we live through it and emerge unscathed.
As for Bush, good fucking riddance, you cock.
No comments:
Post a Comment