Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Troubling Times Ahead

I’ve been watching the proceedings in Washington and Chicago (I cringe every time Obamaramalamadingdong steps in front of his sign “Office of the President-Elect.” WTF?). I say ‘watching’ because there’s really little else one can do aside from cringe and cringe and cringe some more; besides, I’m hyper-busy with The Project From Hell™ anyway.

But what really scares me is the stake the federal government is hammering in to all these private companies, from banks to auto makers. I already know what it is like to live in a country in which the government owns everything. Take it from me, it sucks hot, sweaty bull balls.

So we have a perfect storm brewing: Obama is going to be America’s most “publicly minded” President in history. He believes Papa Govt. should ‘help’ people—read: socialism on a grand scale. We also have the feds taking majority ownership in all these private concerns.

See where I’m going here? Very troubling.

No comments: