Busy … amazing, isn't it? Got a new PC with Vista Home Basic installed that promptly started throwing up its hands with a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death—I thought these were a thing of the past with Vista?).
Luckily, I'm a systems administrator for a large Windows installation which means I can really mess up my new computer … so off into the wild blue I go: every kernel crash—which is what a BSOD actually is—craps a dmp file which in Vista resides in C:\Windows\Minidump.
Using the Windows debugger, I saw that a driver related to the network card was misbehaving. After an upgrade from Intel's site, finito! I shudder to think what the average computer user would think about this kind of error. For shame, Microsoft.
Global Warming Cooling
H'm. So it seems that the earth is actually cooling after all. China experienced its coldest winter in 100 years. For the first time in recorded history, the snow flies in Baghdad and the US mainland gets the most snow cover in 50 years and various temperature records are broken.
According to this article, all that above is anecdotal however we now have some empirical data from the usual suspects (NASA, etc.) that strengthens the evidence.
I wonder what that blowhard Gore has to say about this? Who cares is the better question.
No comments:
Post a Comment