Sunday, January 20, 2008

Tommy

tommy My SotD (Scent of the Day) is Tommy Cologne by (who else?) Tommy Hilfiger.  I got a great deal at Target a few days ago—a 1oz bottle with a body wash and after-shave for $8.  I thought if I hated it, I wouldn't be out too much.

Well, color me impressed.  I love it!  This comfortable scent was launched in 1995 and is a blend of “tangy citrus, cranberry, blue grass, spearmint and lavender, accompanied by the scent of apple pie and cinnamon.”

I don't get all those components beyond the citrus, cranberry and apple but it's a great blend.  The fragrance goes on lightly and without fuss.  Those early citrus top notes don't fade, providing a nice thematic thread which ties the experience together over time.  The fruit is also present but in constrained tones.  It's also quite warm, surrounding the wearer with a glow of natural freshness like a newly laundered blanket.

This is a very clean-cut fragrance that I'd expect to smell on some northeastern high-brow holiday destination.  I doubt I could find anyone, even the most sensitive, that will take offense at Tommy.  Destined to be a classic.

No comments: