Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Through Yonder Window

Fred's out and so is Heath.

Fred, the only true conservative in the running called it quits yesterday. Too bad, Fred.

Now that he's gone, who to support? I loathe that RINO McCain and Giuliani's a barely concealed socialist. One doesn't get to be the mayor of New York and not be tainted by the putrid environs. Huckabee has some serious policy issues that I can't square with and Romney?

Romney's a strange duck. The man has a maniacal grimace that passes for a smile and a history, never forget, of being the governor of the People's Marxist Republik of Massachusetts. In addition to the freaky ass Mormonism, it just spells w-o-r-r-y. He's also anti-gun as they all are I expect except for Huckabee. Imagine the Republican candidate for President anti-gun! What a world we live in.

Bah. I'm going to have to think about this.

Heath Ledger rung his final bell and the Grim Reaper came calling. I didn't dislike Ledger's acting, I could tell he was a pretty good actor. Alas, where the light is brightest, the shadows are deepest (h/t Goethe).

Exercise

Here's the routine copied from a magazine I'm going to try today:

Warm Up

Stationary cycle: Level 12 for eight minutes, rest 90 seconds. Then another eight minutes at level six.

Routine:

  1. Bench press, 15-18 reps.
  2. Lat pull-down, 15-18 reps.
  3. Dumbbell press, 15-18 reps.
  4. Elliptical for 10 minutes, level 13 @ 4mph
  5. Lateral raises, 15-18 reps.
  6. Treadmill for 10 minutes, 5mph @ 1% incline.
  7. Seated Dumbbell curls, 15-18 reps.
  8. Leg press, 15-18 reps.
  9. Leg extensions, 15-18 reps.
  10. Straight-leg, ( These could be called ‘good mornings’ I believe), 15-18 reps.

Wish me luck.

No comments: