It's with a smile, somewhat derisory, that I heard about the Frog president, Nicholas Sarcozy, extolling the virtues of working hard for your money.
The French have 35-hour work weeks. Thirty Five! Incredible. All while yelping vulgarly (but in a chic, French way) about what's due them. It all flies in the face of logic and causality and naturally has led to the malaise the country finds itself under. Which is why they voted for the man, I guess.
With all that time off, it's a wonder they still have a functioning anything. I wish the First Frog Godspeed. Socialism is a failure, it sucks rotten eggs. It is inhuman.
Speaking of which, I finally finished Matthew Chapman's book I posted about earlier. Near the end, there's a sad tale about the death of his mother. How she ended up dying of cancer in bed in a large public ward in some hospital. Apparently, she couldn't even get her own room to die in dignity.
He blamed this, not on the pitfalls of socialized medicine as it surely is, but on Conservatives (read: Those Rich Fucks) within the UK who'd perverted it. You see, things were better when he was a boy, socialized health care was beautiful then. What a crock. The man is so locked in to the unthinking acceptance of an ideology that even when faced with hard, concrete evidence of the fact in the form of his mother dying an undignified death surrounded by 100 strangers, he blames the rich, someone, anyone, but the abortive system which had no chance of success from the beginning.
And he talks about misguided Christians. I couldn't wait to be done with the damned book. Fucking socialists.
No comments:
Post a Comment