Lake Cascade is actually a reservoir in central Idaho. It's a beautiful place, quiet if you come at the right time. Otherwise, it's a hopping place with motor boats and JetSkis. This time, we were lucky; we arrived to find the campground only half full.
Some interesting things happened on this trip: I saw (and tried unsuccessfully to photograph) a black bear ambling down towards the lake for a drink and I cussed out a guy in the next camp site because he absolutely refused to put the lid down on the outhouse-style toilet, stinking up the campground. Good times.
Anyway, here are some pictures of the place (clicking on each will bring up a bigger picture):
Lake Cascade, sunset on the first night.
The lake in the afternoon, looking south:
The ever-present hills and mountains frame almost every picture taken outside in Idaho. I love it! Big change from flat Florida, where the highest elevation in south Florida is a hill of trash at a local dump affectionately called Mount Trashmore that has an amazing elevation of 149-ft.
2 comments:
A very beautiful lake! I enjoy my trips to Idaho it is a great state for camping.
coleman lantern 5151
Yes it is. It's a great state, period. ;-)
Post a Comment