Friday, June 22, 2007

A Closer Shave

Now that I am slowly attaining the status of “shave master,” something which really only means I am throwing away my Fusion and Mach 3 monstrosities for a double-edged safety razor and a straight razor, I'm always on the lookout for any information about shaving the “traditional way.”

Merkur HDIn many Third World countries, and definitely in Nigeria where I grew up, people can't afford the newest high technology shaving apparatus so it's not really the traditional way, it's the only way to shave with double-edge razors. I never saw a straight or cutthroat razor before the US, except in the odd horror flick. I'm going to get one of those bad boys and attain shaving Nirvana (I am told), until then however, I'll make do with the Merkur Heavy Duty razor I bought online yesterday.

That's it to the left.

A really great place for information is the Badger & Blade forum. You'll find a whole lot more information there and links to some really cool YouTube videos by a user named Mantic59.







A National Geographic video covers the history of shaving; now this is something:


Yes sir, it's out with the new and in with the old. I think that's what being a conservative is all about! ;-)

No comments: