Monday, April 02, 2007

Happy Trails

Well, it's official, I'm leaving my present job.  With a very heavy heart, I typed out my resignation letter, signed then delivered it to the best boss I have ever had in my career.

Ironically, it was the very same boss who pointed out the open position I applied for and got.  With all the uncertainty around the long-term prospects for my department coupled with my short-term objective of buying a house (not a home!), I thought it necessary to move on.

The new position is in a department of Idaho state government that has existed in one form or another since 1895, five years after Idaho attained Statehood.  I'd say that denoted stability, wouldn't you?  I'd have said the same of the Department of Administration before this year, but to paraphrase Monty Python, nobody expects the (Otter) Inquisition!

My last day at my present position is Friday the 13th!  Shudder. Hope that's not an omen! ;-)

2 comments:

Lolita said...

Congratulobia :)

Unknown said...

Thanks, L!