Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Happy Trails ... Not So Fast!

Some news on the job front. You will remember my news from some time back, well things have changed somewhat ...

Last Friday, after a few frantic meetings, behind-the-scene wranglings with HR and other slightly unsavory goings-on, my new boss offered me a raise as a "retention" effort. I did not expect the force of resistance to the news I was leaving the department. All the bureau heads, the various assistants, and the department's director all expressed, in sometimes vehement tones, their reluctance to see me leave.

Well, while such things are dynamite for the ego, I had to ensure I wasn't making a mistake by staying on with an apparently "doomed" department. After some thought over the weekend, I decided to stay with the Devil I Know. I received an ovation at the weekly tech workgroup meeting yesterday. It's nice to feel wanted. And besides, I don't have to pack up, which I hate.

5 comments:

Lolita said...

Bia, tell the truth, you are more afraid of the Friday the thirteenth phenomenon than you were letting on :) Don't worry, I won't tell anybody!

But seriously congratulations on both fronts, their fight to keep you on speaks volumes. Hurrah!

Unknown said...

Yes, that's it! ;-)

Thanks.

Dami said...

congrats! 2 pints of larger n a packet of crisps on us

Dami said...

lager*

Unknown said...

Thanks, Dami. I knew what you meant! ;-)