It's finally arrived. The day I get to see 300! Hooray for Hollywood. Well ...
Reminds me of a joke I once heard: at a seminar for "sexual healing" or something--had to be in the early 1970s--the speaker was making a point about happiness and intercourse. He had all the couples present who indulged every day to raise their hands. Looking around, there were a lot of very happy-looking people with their hands up.
Next, he had others who had sex only every few weeks and the level of contentment on the couples's faces was indeed a little less apparent. On it went. Once a month (even less happier); once every few months (positively dour.) Then: the presenter asked, somewhat unnecessarily, one supposed, for those who only had sex once a year, not really expecting anyone. But no! There was one guy, and he was ecstatic!
"I do! I do!!" screamed the gentleman, pure, unbridled happiness beaming out of every pore. The man was positively dancing and the presenter, in danger of having his theory dashed, asked incredibly, "Really?"
"Oh yes! It's TONIGHT! It's TONIGHT!!"
That's right, y'all, 300 is tonight!
Speaking of which, I visited the home page of Steven Pressfield, the author of The Hot Gates and espying an email form, decided to send him (or whoever reads his email) a thank-you for a great book and telling him, somewhat tongue-in-cheek, that I was off that second to buy his other book, The War of Art, not literally, of course, but I will be buying his book this weekend.
Blow me over if I didn't receive an email from the man himself! Thanked me for communicating and told me if I didn't like the book, he would refund my money! Now, that's confidence! Or is it great customer service? I don't know, but I like it!
SOTD
I'm wearing Kenzo Pour Homme (1991). Great Summer scent.
No comments:
Post a Comment