Thursday, January 18, 2007

A Trio

Wow, today's my music day, it seems.  Ah well, I need it!

I cannot explain the amount of time I spent as a teenager, rewinding the cassette tape again and again back to the start of this song, but I know I will have to explain myself some day some time.  Even now, the techno-beats still forces my neck muscles into a synchronized up-and-down motion without my conscious choice; first, Pump Up Da Volume:

The other one is the first rap/song I learned every word of (cf. rewinding cassette tapes above), I was absolutely mesmerized by the beat itself and the Arabic singer's ethereal voice right in the middle of this orgasm of sound, Eric B. and Rakim's Paid In Full:

The synth-piano in this next one by Soul II Soul is a brilliant accompaniment to the roiling beat with the violins providing a perfect stabbing sharpness and that singer, what a voice!  1989's Back To Life:

No comments: