Saturday, January 20, 2007

Gimp v. Photoshop

Hehehee... All this week, I've been following the furor over Philip McClure's post on grimthing.com comparing Gimp and Photoshop.  Blow me over with a feather when I saw it referenced on digg.com, and lifehacker.com!  I knew he was in for a hell of a bandwidth surge, but 50,000 unique visitors?

Anyway, for the graphics-inclined (I'm not, I suck at graphics manipulation), check out Philip's entry; very educational if you know what the hell CYMK stands for.  Don't forget the January 19th update at the bottom:

It's like I'm dealing with two year olds with a confidence problem and tourettes. I say the Gimp is perfectly fine for home use several times, but I ended the bit with "if you're not producing a print publication – use the Gimp" and everybody and their friggin cousin fires up Outlook to set me straight.

Heheh ...

2 comments:

Phil said...

Hey man, I didn't even see that you'd written this until today. I got slammed by everybody over a post that was intended for friends and family.

The article's turning into a wiki now. I keep getting email every day and I've yet to add anything about all of the good HDRi stuff I'd never heard about until I wrote the damn thing.

I'm all atwitter to see what the bandwidth bill is gonna be this month.

Unknown said...

Well, the whole Internet is now your friend and family! I shudder to think what that bill would be... good luck, and do yourself a favor, stop writing good stuff! You'll save yourself some money.
;-)