I'm back in the office after a weekend spent helping the missus recuperate. Very strange thing, surgery. Especially if one's never experienced it before. My cats were very inconvenienced by the whole thing, as cats are wont to do, seeing as the world revolves around their needs and wishes!
Since they couldn't sleep on the bed, nor jump on R's lap, they slunk around the house pouting. Fokker, the 15-pound wonder, particularly wasn't happy and made us understand his displeasure by taking a chunk out of the lip of O, R's visiting sister. To be fair, he wasn't being malicioius, just trying to get away from Piper, that bad-termpered bitch and O happened to be holding him at the time.
After profuse bleeding (on her part) and apologies (on ours), I shut them all in my study and will continue to do so until R is better. I'll also be a hell of a lot more diligent in trimming their claws.
SOTD
I'm loving this one today! It's Christian Dior's Dior Homme.
It's very interesting that Iris, which is the dominant accord in this fragrance, reminds me of my mom's make-up bag! I didn't make this connection until I'd read some reviews and dang, if they weren't right on! It did smell of dear old mom's cosmetics bag, but who cares, really? It's very good and I like it a heck of a lot. Very well done.
Don't get me started on that beautiful bottle! This is definitely my next purchase.
Books
I'm reading Harris' Imperium (among others). So far, really enjoying it. Really, really. Were it not for Harris's seemingly insatiable appetite for America's destruction or at least a desire for her to be put in her place, preferable at the bottom of the totem pole, I'd call him one of my new favorite authors. But it seems everything he writes, from Pompeii to Imperium is a "warning" to America. What a douchebag. Glad I didn't actually buy the book.
No comments:
Post a Comment