Beginning a new tradition on the blog: my scent of the day. I'll list what I'm going to be wearing for the day, give a cursory (or lengthy or none, as the case may be) overview of the scent and if I can find a picture, I'll add that as well.
So, for December 1, 2006, I'm wearing Caron's Le Trioisieme Homme. According to the official Caron site, The Third Man was created in the age of brash perfumery, the 1980s. From the site:
In 1985, Caron put all its perfumer know-how to the task of creating its third fragrance for men: le 3ème Homme de CARON.
Inspired by the film of Carol REED, it appeals to the elegant man as portrayed by Orson WELLES. Avant-garde and yet very accessible, le 3ème Homme de CARON is the fragrance for men who know how to cultivate their intellectual curiosity in the simplest of fashions.
Top Notes are: Lavender, Rosemary, Anise, Bergamot
Middle Notes are: Geranium, Jasmin, Rose, Fern, Carnation
Base Notes are: Amber, Musk, Moss, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Tonka, Vanilla
The first time I tried this fragrance, I was blown away. My nose felt like someone playing a prank had filled a spray can with Lavendar oil and sprayed it directly into my face. Pop, fizzle, snap! I instinctively recoiled in fright, and not a little consternation because I'd just spent a pretty penny for a 4.2-oz bottle. If I didn't like it, as all the signs seemed to show, I was stuck with this massive bottle. Ugh.
After the initial explosion, I bagan to detect subtler, mellower notes. Rosemary and others. H'mm... very nice, actually. With time, a flowery accord showed up and even though the fizzy Lavendar never went completely away, the mid- and base-notes were just absolutely wonderful and did a great job of softening the initial loudness. This fragrance took on a creamy appearance that's amazing in longevity. This is a great perfume, one of the best. It certainly gave my nose an education. And a bit of a fright!
No comments:
Post a Comment