Thursday, December 21, 2006

L'Homme Sage

Divine is a French perfume house that produces truly excellent stuff. I "felt led" as we used to say in church, to introduce my readers to one of their beyond amazing perfumes: L'Homme Sage.

To call this fragrance a beauty would be, frankly, insulting. Wearing L'Homme Sage is like having a velvet-lined case of 5-carat diamonds opened in front of you and being asked to choose two. It's sparkling, but not garish. It's confident but not arrogant. It's sunlight unfiltered, like standing on Everest getting a tan, if that were possible.

I'm told L'Homme Sage is a combination of saffron, mandarin, cardamom, lychee, aromatic woods, immortelle (or everlasting flower), patchouli, oak moss, amber, and incense. I don't care; beauty defined is beauty lost. This is one for the ages.

I had thought before Sage that I could not and would not pay $120 for a 50ml bottle. My friends, this one sorely (very sorely) tempts me!

No comments: