Thursday, November 30, 2006

Ending whimper

Contrary to the doom and gloom "Global Warming" crowd (read: every idiot liberal scaremonger) hysteria, the hurricane season draws to a close today without a single hurricane striking the United States.  I wonder why that is? H'm?

Of course, the fuckers are already scrambling.  "We got a much welcome break ... but this is a one-season type break," said Gerry Bell, lead hurricane forecaster for the NOAA.  In May, scientists predicted 12 to 16 named storms and eight to 10 hurricanes, with four to six of them major.

Bang-up job, guys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so if it doesnt hit the u.s that means theres nothing to worry about isnt it?
sit on a nail, it wont hurt your cheeks really

Unknown said...

I've just re-read my post; you seem to be commenting on something other than what I wrote, Dami.

I didn't say there wasn't anything to worry about, I just don't like scaremongers, especially of the liberal persuasion.

First, this whole "we're all going to die because of global warming" is a bucket of pig shit. In the 70s, the Chicken Littles were carping about Global Cooling. Second, it's a clever little ploy to de-industrialize the world's most successful economies, thus assuring once and for all, their heretofore failed socialist/communist manifesto: everyone must live in poverty. Fuck 'em.
Third, the science is nowhere near precise enough to categorically sway the evidence one way or the other--the reason for my post, by the way.
Fourth, even if Global Warming was absolutely real and "we're all going to die", how's that different from what's going to happen anyway: we're still all going to die.
Fifth, even if Global Warming was real, there is very little anyone can do right this that would make a difference for centuries.
Sixth, it's the height of hyprocisy that the loudest assholes blowing into the Global Warming trumpet burn more fossil fuel in one (private) airplane ride from Los Angeles to New York than I will in a year. It's all bullshit science, driven by political ideology. That's a very bad combination. Science should be science.