Eons ago (about 6 years), I got involved Big Time with flight simulation using Microsoft's venerable Flight Simulator which I've used one way or another since MSFS 95. During that time, I flew online with VATSIM which is an incredible "community" of virtual flightsim enthusiasts that both fly and provide air traffic control for those that fly.
I think I flew several hundred hours as a pilot and rose to the rank of Senior Controller in the Miami Center ARTCC (look it up). But, you just won't believe the technical proficiency of some of the aircraft produced for Flight Simulator. Here's a beautiful video of one of them, my very favorite aircraft, the Boeing 747:
Be honest, if you didn't know this was simulated, would you have known?
1 comment:
wow tahts amazing! at first i thought it was an advert for some Asian/African airline..i've always wanted to try this simult; they only thing holding me back is probably the fact that I'll be needing some super upgrade or some technical this and that; that keeps getting me to forget it! I'll still try seeing as its usually free anyway!
if its good i'll buy-just to chip that bit in
Post a Comment